It’s that time of year again, when cute furry faces grace our studio. Yes, our Annual Pet Photo Contest is here! Charleen created this contest as an ode to their family dog, Ruger. Thanksgiving Day of 2012 he wandered off. They looked everywhere for him and spent hours searching, going to houses and trying the shelter. At the time however, they were not open. The following day they went back to the shelter to find Ruger was taken there almost immediately after wandering off and was placed inside to keep warm. When they picked him up they were amazed at how many animals there were. Though she couldn’t adopt another animal at the time, Charleen decided she wanted to find a way to show support. Since the day Ruger introduced us to our local shelter in 2012 he revisited, two more times in 2013 and 2014, both times on Thanksgiving Day. Go figure. We think it’s because he can smell all the good cooking going on everywhere. Though we lost our beautiful Ruger in March 2015 we have continued to run our contest every year.
This year we are will be working with ECCR. For more information about them or dogs who are looking for forever homes check out their website: ECCR
If that touching story hasn’t peeked your interest, did you know our contest is actually two contests in one? Your pet will be entered in both with twice the chance to win!
Photo Calendar Contest You choose the image you like the best of your pet. All the photos will be reviewed and judged by the New England Professional Photographers Associations, made up of professional photographer and printers from all over NE. The winner of this contest will receive Bragging Rights, a beautiful Throw Blanket with their winning image on the cover of the 2019 Pet Portrait Calendar.
People’s Choice Award This will be held online and posted to facebook and our website for people to vote. Every Vote is $1, the pet with the most votes wins! All the proceeds raised from the event will go directly toward the local shelter. The Winner will receive a Beautiful Throw Blanket with their winning image on it and a prominent spot in the 2019 Pet Portrait Calendar.
Our Annual Pet Contest is a great way to celebrate your furry friend and help other animals in need. Here’s anything you need to know to enter:
- The contest runs from January 26 – February 9.
- The entry fee is either a minimum 20lb bag of Premium Pet food for a dog or cat, cleaning supplies valued at $20 or more.
- Special packages with be available the day of your pet’s session.
- The winner of the Calendar Contest will see their pet’s image as the cover of our yearly pet calendar, their pet will get a full page inside the calendar, they will win a copy of the calendar as well as a gorgeous woven throw with their pet’s image on it.
- The winner of the People’s Choice Contest will have their pet’s image as a full page in our yearly pet calendar, they will win a copy of the calendar as well as a gorgeous woven throw with their pet’s image on it.
- Appointments are needed so call today to schedule your furry friend or click the link below to schedule your appointment online.