Happy New Year!
The holidays are over and a new chapter is beginning. January is often seen as the beginning of all sorts of new possibilities. At the studio we’re looking to get back to our roots and focus on what we love doing. For us that’s creating portraits and capturing memories for families, children, and high school seniors. We’re currently working on our website so that it showcases what it is we do best. We will be unveiling it in the coming month so keep a look out!
I don’t know about you but with the rush of the holiday season over and the coldness of winter really settling in, I often start feeling the winter blues a little bit. For those of you that feel the same, here’s a few tips to help battle them:
- Keep in mind that the days are actually getting longer! Yay! It may not be noticeable at first, but just knowing that the worst of those short days is over makes me feel a little better.
- Get out of the house: It’s easy to want to spend your days curled in bed watching TV. Push yourself to get outside, even if it’s only for a little bit. Go for a walk or even meet up with a friend for a cup of coffee.
- Try something new: Keeping your mind active can help keep seasonal depression at bay. It can be something as simple as starting a journal. Not sure what to do? Visit your local craft store, bounce ideas off your friends, or even search YouTube for videos on any hobbies that might interest you.
- Make a movie/book list: Winter is a great time to read those books that have been on your list or go see a movie with friends or your family. I know there’s a lot of great movies coming out this year!
- Remember that winter doesn’t last forever! Try to appreciate those small moments, whether it’s sipping on some hot cocoa or waking up to a winter wonderland. Find gratitude for these small moments and keep in mind that spring and warmer weather will be here soon.
At the studio our way to beat the winter blues is to keep our schedule full of fun! We’ve been working hard to plan some exciting events and sessions. Here are a few upcoming events:
Our Monster Squad is back in action and open for scheduling. We will be doing Valentine sessions on Saturday January 12th from 10am-2pm. Ages Newborn to 12 years old are welcome. This mini session is 10 to 15 minutes long, includes viewing and ordering your images right after your session. You will also receive 10 Valentine cards with a package purchased, a $26.50 value FREE. Click Here to Schedule your Appointment Online
Photo Class:Starts January 29
Did you get a new camera for Christmas? Or maybe you made a resolution to learn how to take better photos. Join Charleen in a 5 week class to learn the ins and out of your camera. In this beginners basic class you’ll learn all the fundamentals to get you up and running and feeling like a pro! Seats are limited. Click Here to Reserve your Seat!
Pet Photo Contest: Jan 26-Feb 16
Our pet photo contest is right around the corner. We just love hosting this contest every year. We’ve met so many wonderful people and pets. This year the contest will run from January 26 to February 16. We will be posting all the details soon so keep watching.